Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Let's give Thanks!!

I want to talk about the premier of MTV'S "True Life"-I can't have sex...
 I think we were all disappointed because we were expecting to turn our televisions on and see another IC patient going through what we all go through on a daily basis... This was just a tip of the iceberg, (IC girls we of all people) We should know... that with IC we deal with more than one disease... There's Fibromyalgia, Painful Pelvic disorder, irritable bowel syndrome  and the list goes on... But the show was about having painful sex or not being able to have sex... Tali was given this opportunity to share her story along with 2 others... I think she tried her best!!  But like I said... It was just the tip of the iceberg... Many of us may deal with this and maybe some of us don't... I know I'm new to this IC business..( I'm a baby to all this.. some of us have been dealing with it for over 10 years!!) And watching the show made me realize that maybe I have Painful Pelvic disorder or vulvodynia...  I know it's more than IC...
 My point is we shouldn't have all this negative or harsh feelings towards Tali or Mtv... We should applaud Tali for stepping up and trying!! And Mtv was focused on the three women who can't have sex and what can they do to fix it... Remember they only have an hour...
  With us IC patients we don't need an HOUR of air time...WE NEED a reality show that's on every week to get our point across!!

 I know we all were disappointed in some way about the show... But let's be an Advocate for IC and always share with friends and family... Whether it's through Facebook, a Blog or just a simple conversation!! I hope you have an amazing week.... and stay positive!! Don't let this disease run your life... And BE STRONG!!

Give your burdens to the LORD, and he will take care of you. He will not permit the godly to slip and fall. - Psalm 55:22

Commit everything you do to the LORD. Trust him, and he will help you. -Psalm 37:5

"Hold onto Faith... Faith that there will be a cure!!" - Angelica Arellano

Francesca Battistelli- Free to be me...( 1 of my FAVORITE)
http://youtu.be/mgc5WJd3t1k

Jeremy Camp- There will be a day
http://youtu.be/k8gkDiTvloc

No comments:

Post a Comment